Merxin supplies the drug delivery market with standardised off-the-shelf drug delivery devices.
MRX001 is a "505j" generic multidose blister dry powder inhaler for fluticasone+salmeterol DPI.
MRX002 is a clear PET vial that can be fitted with pMDI valves to visualise formulations and act as a dose indicator.
MRX003 is a "505j" generic capsule capsule inhaler for tiotropium DPI.
MRX003.b & MRX003.c are mouthpiece adaptors to test MRX003 in vitro (NGI) and in vivo (spirometers).
MRX004 is a generic softmist inhaler for tiotropium or/and olodaterol.
MRX001 is a blister based multidose dry powder inhaler (DPI). MRX001 is based on the open-click-inhale-close principle and can be used as a generic device of current branded DPIs.
It is supplied as a pre-assembled device ready to be completed with a blister strip manufactured at the client’s facilities in the country of their choice.
In addition to supplying the pre-assembled device, Merxin can support clients with formulating, testing, manufacturing, and clinical and registration expertise via its partner organisations: Aedestra (www.aedestra.com) and Lustren (www.lustren.com).
MRX001 is available with all the necessary documentation for regulated markets such as EU, US and Japan as well as emerging markets.
- multidose dry powder inhaler
- blister device (blister not supplied in standard configuration)
- up to 60 doses
- dose counter
- substitutable device: open-click-inhale-close
- overall dimensions (⌀ 80 mm x l 27 mm)
- pharmaceutical grade materials for inhalation devices (ABS, POM, PP)
- customisable colours
- Merxin’s design
Get in touch with us to receive a full description of MRX001 and terms of access.
MRX001 uses Merxin’s proprietary designs and does not knowingly infringe any IP.
MRX002 is a PET vial ideal for modelling pMDI formulations. MRX002 is a clear vial than can be fitted with commercial pMDI valves, continuous and metered.
With MRX002, formulations can be observed and understood in situ. MRX002 is safe to use and a range of solvents compatible with PET. Note however, that MRX002 is not yet pressure rated and is for laboratory use only (i.e. not for clinical use). MRX002 can be used as dose indicator.
In addition to supplying MRX002, Merxin can support clients with formulating, testing, manufacturing, and clinical and registration expertise via its partner organisations: Aedestra (www.aedestra.com) and Lustren (www.lustren.com).
- Clear PET vial to study model pMDI formulations in situ
- Height L 75 mm
- Diameter ⌀ 22 mm
- Crimp diameter ⌀ 20 mm
- Material: PET (Polyethylene terephthalate)
- Compatible with HFA solvents, ethanol, water, PEG and glycerol
- Example of compatible pMDI valves
- VARI KHFA range
- Bespak MDI valves
- Coster MDI valves
- Ideal for formulation screening
- For laboratory use only
MRX002 uses Merxin’s proprietary designs and does not knowingly infringe any IP.
MRX003 is a generic capsule based inhaler for tiotropium DPI.
It is the only "off-the-shelf" commercially available "505j" opportunity for tiotropium DPI in the industry.
- Dimensions: 6.5x7x2.8 cm
- Materials: ABS and SS
- Does MRX003 have the same instructions for use as the originator? YES
- Does MRX003 have the same size and shape factors as the originator? YES
- Does MRX003 have the same airflow as the originator? YES
- Does MRX003 have the same NGI profile as the originator? YES
- Does MRX003 provide an audible feedback like the originator? YES
- Can I customize MRX003 with my brand ID? YES
- Can I file a Tiotropium DPI on in-vitro data only in EU with MRX003? YES*
*you’ll need to get the formulation right though.
Pictures are for illustration purposes only.
MRX003.b & MRX003.c
MRX003.b and MRX003.c uses Merxin’s proprietary designs and do not knowingly infringe any IP.